Map tools for pollinator health
- Click to launch one of the Beescape Tools in a new browser window.
- Search for a location and drop a pin by clicking.
- Use the Beescape Map Tool to view pollinator habitat quality scores (US only)
- Use the BeeWinterWise Colony Survival Tool to view colony survival statistics (Pennsylvania only)
Score your landscape for:
- floral habitat (spring, summer and fall)
- nesting habitat
- insecticide load
The best pollinator habitats have high floral and nesting scores and low insecticide load scores.
Watch the Quickstart video or read our FAQs.
Predict honey bee colony overwintering survival in Pennsylvania
Temperature and precipitation affect the availability of floral resources for foraging honey bees as well as colony stress. Colony survival is most likely when summer and winter temperatures are neither too hot nor too cold, respectively.
Read our FAQs.
Are you a beekeeper?
Take the Beescape Surveys to share data about your hives! The information you provide will never be publicly visible. We will use your data to improve the accuracy of Beescape Tools.
Create an account through the Beescape Map portal. Click "Participate in Study" in the upper right-hand corner.