Subscribe to Beescape Newsletters
Get pollinator news delivered to your inbox every month.
Get a bee's eye view of your landscape
Map tools for pollinator health
How it works
- Click to launch one of the Beescape Tools in a new browser window.
- Search for a location and drop a pin by clicking.
- Use the Beescape Map Tool to view pollinator habitat quality scores (US only)
- Use the BeeWinterWise Colony Survival Tool to view colony survival statistics (Pennsylvania only)
Score your landscape for:
- floral habitat (spring, summer and fall)
- nesting habitat
- insecticide load
The best pollinator habitats have high floral and nesting scores and low insecticide load scores.
Watch the Quickstart video or read our FAQs.
Predict honey bee colony overwintering survival in Pennsylvania
Temperature and precipitation affect the availability of floral resources for foraging honey bees in addition to colony stress. Colony survival is most likely when summer and winter temperatures are neither too hot nor too cold, respectively.
Read our FAQs.